Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Globe Puzzle Ball

I have insomnia tonight due to the delivery of the second box of curriculum.  This was the box with all the hands on learning tools aka "toys."  I decided to go ahead and review one of the items Beauty was drawn to.  


Beauty has been eagerly awaiting the arrival of this puzzle, the Globe Puzzle Ball.  I have, too.  We have never made a sphere shaped puzzle.  The teaching instructions say to work on this once or twice per month until mastery.  I think we may finish it tomorrow.  It's pretty addicting.  

Beauty figured out the secret to putting it together.  The pieces are numbered and have an arrow showing which direction the next piece will fit.  It didn't take her long to decide to separate out pieces 1-10, then 11-20, and so on.  

The pieces are very hard plastic.  She does need help putting it together and keeping the pieces connected.  It requires a coordinated touch.  The rest she is able to think through.  I think I can literally see her brain growing.

Tomorrow I hope to use Block Builder and MiniLuk, when I figure it out...after some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment