Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Cuisenaire Rods and Decorating

After last night's bout of insomnia I slept in till 8:30 this morning.  We had service plans but I decided to scrap it entirely and have a nice day of early school.  Beauty continues to be interested in the globe puzzle ball and worked on it with no supervision except for me being in the same room.  She is just over half done with it.  Another manipulative she likes to play with are Cuisenaire Rods.


Beauty says she knows all about these and used them at her old school.  I'm not sold on them as there seems to be a lot of them and they look like it would probably hurt if I stepped on one.  I'm sure this is just childhood memories of my brother's leggos.  Otherwise these little sticks keep Beauty occupied for quite a bit of time.

After the day's regular school work (with a rising level of resistance.  Is this normal?) and a few extra activities I decided we would go to town.  We stopped by the library and checked out some more books.  Mostly books with the words 'Pink' and 'Princess' in the titles.  Then there were just a couple of stores I hadn't been to in a long time and was having withdrawal symptoms.


I picked up that wonderfully interesting lamp and a near perfect condition 1965 Heidi book.  That one was on my list of books to read to Beauty.  The table is being replaced soon...I hope.  (It's Beauty's old IKEA kid's table.)

Tomorrow is the homeschool park day.  It looks like there are a couple of more new families we might get to meet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment