Thursday, November 15, 2012

First Few Days

I was all ready to blog dutifully about THE first day, except I forgot I wouldn't be teaching the first day...or the second day.  I worked the first day and Mr. Father did the teaching.  Mostly it involved nervous text messages about if Beauty would do her work.  The second day I forgot I had an appointment in the morning and the rest of the day I taught her algebra slept off the pain meds.


Days 3 and 4 have gone much more according to plan.  Beauty will finish off this week with having done 50 pages of work.  Most of this is review, assessment, and getting into a routine.  Am I working her too hard?  I don't know.  Beauty did sleep ten and a half hours last night.  I think this is great.  Perhaps she is lacking enough sleep which causes her to not want to read.  I'm grateful I no longer have to get up at 6:00 to put her on the bus.  

We went to the park today to meet the home school group.  Not much of a turnout.  The weather was cold and everyone is going through the yearly sicknesses.  Beauty did get to play with a few kids.  I don't know if we'll stick with this group.  

Beauty decided to make these for her cooking class.  They were delicious and exceptionally crunchy, ahem.  

    
Tomorrow is school away from home day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment