Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Week 8 With A Sleepover

Coming into week 8 and things are a little off.  This is completely due to my work schedule being altered by one day.  I need to remember this in the future.  Although I say homeschool really frees up my schedule and I have no time constraints, that is not completely true.  Beauty needs order.  She needs a schedule.  She needs to know that Mr. Father will teach her on Mondays and I will teach her on Tuesdays.  Not the reverse.  

Beauty is also old enough to piece together that public school kids are out of school right now.  This has made her more resistant to doing school work.  I'm not letting it slide.  Especially with her reading.  This is definitely an area of practice-makes-perfect for her.  No practice makes her illiterate.  

A fun thing happened yesterday.  Beauty got invited to a sleepover.  In the middle of the week!  Mr. Father and Mrs. Mother went to a grownup restaurant and celebrated.  In fact, Beauty gets invited to a lot of places.  I think people are thinking, "well, it's not like you're doing anything else."  

But we are.  In fact we did our rocket experiment.  It didn't shoot way up into the sky like we had planned.  It had more of a horizontal trajectory.  This led to Mr. Father running wildly across the yard to chase after it.  There's also a funny video that I've carefully hidden for all eternity of me being scared out of my mind when the rocket takes off and the camera going all wiggly.  That's why we bought the box with 3 rockets...

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are going great for you guys! Schedule changes can be a drag, but it seems like you guys are figuring it out. I know what you mean too about some subjects being non-negotiable. Math is that subject in our house. Some impressed with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry- that should be "so" impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha Sara! Thanks so much. You've been a great inspiration in getting us to this point. I've told Mr. Father about all your adventures. I think spending whole days at the zoo are dreamy and getting to see your kids be who they naturally are is heartwarming. Hopefully I can also inspire others to take this leap as I have learned so much from you and other great homeschool parents!

    ReplyDelete