Sunday, January 27, 2013

One Week Break and Ancestry

The other week we had some family visiting and decided to take the week off from school.  The weather was beautiful and we spent time outside playing and enjoying life.  Spring is almost here and we have garden preparations in full swing.  A few more weeks and we'll get to start planting seeds and working all of that into homeschooling.

I foolishly went to the Ancestry.com website.  I will never be able to get out.  I thought I would just add a little information from a small book my mother wrote.  It turns out to be full of pics and little bits of info.  So now I am slowly adding each picture and bit of info to the right person.  Eventually we hope it will lead us to some present day relatives.  Mr. Father swears we were related to some Lord Baltimore down the line.  Of course I say we are connected to Jane Seymour the wife of King Henry VIII.  It's sort of like playing ancestry poker.

Now we are back to school.  The break was worth it.  Beauty was able to jump right in and start subtraction.  I can almost see the lightbulbs going on over her head.  

We're planning to attend a book fair warehouse sale.  I don't know how good the prices will be.  I'm interested in finding another handwriting book, some more phonics drill work, and math drill work.  

I'm feeling more confident with tweaking her curriculum and using things like Netflix for educational videos.  I could stand to bend more in the artistic department.  

Overall I think we're doing good.

No comments:

Post a Comment