Monday, December 10, 2012

MiniLUK

I'm still not feeling well today.  This makes me happy that I wrote out the lesson plans last week.  It paid off big time today.  We were able to get through school without me hardly thinking.  

Another item Beauty received in her curriculum is the MiniLUK


Beauty loves to do these puzzles.  She plays with them whenever she wants to.  There are 8 books.  Each book deals with certain skills.  The skills are:  Critical Thinking, Concentration, Everyday Knowledge, Visual Perception, Math & Geometry.  It works by lining up the playboard, matching the pictures with the tiles, and then checking correctness by flipping all the tiles over to see if it made the color pattern picture.  Beauty will usually do about 3 of these before she is tired of it.  

This week I'm hoping we'll get to see some of the Geminid Meteor Shower.  I'm trying to get us talking about astronomy.  So far nothing has been heard by Mr. Father except that he gets to shoot a rocket. 

No comments:

Post a Comment