Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Letter Was Sent

This was the part I have been most nervous about.  The actual withdrawal from school.  Because this means things just got real.

Friday I printed out my lovely, concise form letters and addressed them to all the  proper people.  

Even though this state is very lenient about homeschooling, I still want to do it right the first time.  I also asked the homeschool group about proper withdrawal procedures.  Some said to just go to the school and fill out the withdrawal papers.  Others said to only send the letter.  Also, make sure it's certified, return receipt requested.  There's a myriad of legal situations where this is prudent.  One, a person shouldn't fill out forms and answer questions if it isn't required.  Two, having the certified letter fulfills legal proof of the date of your actions blah blah blah in case someone wants to drag you to court.  This includes grandparents.  

Since I opted for the letter notification, we are now officially homeschooling.  I'm still in the I-can't-believe-it stage.  

Over the weekend Mr. Father and I have been reminiscing about all the times we sent her off to school.  In the end we don't like to send her to school.  We actually like her and love to spend time with her.  Beauty also likes us and loves to do things with us.  We are actually a happy family.  

Today I will look over her books and decide what we will work on this week.  I enjoy this kind of stuff.  Mr. Father looks at me and shakes his head in the way that says, "You are so nerdy."  

No comments:

Post a Comment