Friday, October 26, 2012

But It's Tony Danza...

Another part of home schooling I sort of knew about was conventions.  I haven't been to any yet.  I think they must be sort of like craft fairs.  Lots of booths with curriculum face painting and school things to sell.  The home school group posted this yesterday.  Texas Book Festival.  So many interesting topics.  I would love to go.  Alas, I cannot.

Mr. Father and I were settling in for the night and I was skimming through messages on my phone and thought I would look at the schedule.  On Saturday in the Paramount Theatre at 10:00 is...TONY DANZA!  Cue the little girl squeals.  "Oh why, do I have to work that day?  It's so unfair," I tell Mr. Father.  He doesn't seem the least bit bothered that I'm talking about Tony Danza in bed.  In fact, he is acting like he doesn't even know who Tony Danza is.  I go on to explain that he was only the cutest guy on that show Taxi and Who's The Boss when I was growing up.  He is one of several reasons I would have moved to a city.  Because I might have taken a cab one day and he would have been the driver.  Or someone like him.  Mr. Father still doesn't care.  I say, "But it's Tony Daaaaaaanza."  Hmmph.

I had seen an article in a Sunday paper done some in-depth research a few months ago and read how Tony Danza taught in high school for a year and wrote a book about it.  I’d Like to Apologize to Every Teacher I Ever Had: My Year as a Rookie Teacher at Northeast High.  I think it's wonderful that he went and worked as a teacher.  The reviews are decent.  I hope I get a chance to read this one.
 
 (Amazon photo)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment